Information Systems of Maryland (ISM), LLC is seeking an Administrative & Operations Manager with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our growing team. ISM is an IT consulting firm that specializes in providing small to medium sized organizations with IT project solutions, security solutions and talent acquisition services on a Direct Hire and Temp-to-perm basis. To meet the increasing needs of our organization we are seeking an Administrative & Operations Manager that wants to take part in our success.
Reporting to the President, the Administrative & Operations Manager is the first point of contact for all staff, vendors and sometimes customers. The Administrative & Operations Manager is responsible for creating an engaging environment and positive interactions with all staff, vendors, and customers. The Administrative & Operations Manager works within ISM’s policies and procedures to oversee the day-to-day administrative operations. The Administrative & Operations Manager works actively, internally, and externally with vendors to ensure that the organization’s Finance and Human Resources needs are met. The Administrative & Operations Manager assists with preparation of the payroll and with personnel administration. The Administrative & Operations Manager assists the President in preparing for meetings. Ultimately, the Administrative & Operations Manager is responsible for assuring that the organization has the administrative support necessary to conduct its business and fulfill its mission.
This position reports to the President and will interface with executive staff, and all internal and remote employees, vendors and sometimes with customers.
- Perform and supervise general office activities, such as filing, photocopying, faxing, processing outgoing and incoming mail, routing and screening all incoming calls, and distributing messages to appropriate team members.
- Oversee the preparation, analysis, negotiation, and review of contracts related to purchasing materials, supplies, products, or services.
- Provide or oversee centralized operations and procedures of services for the firm.
- Plan and coordinate staff development and monthly firm-wide staff meetings.
- Create and maintain effective internal controls for equipment inventory.
- Maintain and safeguard firm records.
- Works with management team and staff to update and maintain ISM’s website.
- Collect/approve all timecards and payroll information from ISM employees, and transmit to payroll service.
- Distribute payroll and employee reimbursement checks.
- Assist managers with personnel issues and administration of personnel policies.
- Conduct new employee orientation, and exit interviews.
- Assist Managers in recruitment process.
- Distribute government information for employee reference.
- Maintain Employee personnel files.
- Assist functional area managers preparing and maintaining contract requirements.
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. accounting firm
- Code vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursement forms.
- Review and approve weekly payable for processing.
- Prepare month end reports for office equipment.
- Assist CFO in preparing monthly invoices.
- Assist the President in providing staff support to the management team.
- Assist the President to organize events and receptions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Integrity: The candidate must be honest and ethical at all times.
- Work Ethic: The candidate must be dependable, hardworking, and willing to go the extra mile.
- Team Player: The candidate must be collaborative and work well with others.
- Positive Attitude and Enthusiasm: The candidate must focus on the positive and not the negative. The candidate must also exude a “can do” attitude.
- Adaptability and Flexibility:The candidate will be someone who is not resistant to change and able to adapt to a new direction, often at a moment's notice.
- Effective Communication and Confidence: The candidate will be someone who is a good listener and who must clearly articulate their ideas verbally or via written form.
- Openness and Receptivity to Feedback:The candidate must be able to accept feedback, learn from it, and grow from the feedback, positive or negative.
- Creative Thinking: The candidate should be an individual who is intentional about innovating and “thinking outside the box”.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: The candidate must be able to see the link between different aspects of the organization and creatively find solutions to problems.
- Collaboration & Conflict Management:The candidate must be able to work with people and organizations that may not be easy to work with take ownership of the relationship.
- Negotiation Skills: The candidate must be able to persuade and influence others.
- Entrepreneurial Thinking: The candidate must have clarity on why we are in business, how we overcome challenges and capitalize on our experience and knowledge.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires multi-tasking skills and the ability to work independently and under pressure. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required. Attention to detail is vital. Demonstrated agility to shift direction in response to changing work situations is critical. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel is required. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year administrative and office experience supporting management in a fast-paced office environment. High school diploma and some college required.