On behalf of a Millersville, MD based prestigious technology consultancy, Information Systems of Maryland, LLC is actively seeking qualified candidates to fill a Senior Support Engineer Level 3 position.
To learn more about our consultancy, go to https://www.is-md.com and click on “About Us”.
The Senior Systems Engineer Level 3 will be part of our managed services department team to help support small to medium sized businesses with all technology support needs. As a senior team member, you will be relied on to provide solutions, recommendations and help support other team members as an escalation point to support, remediate, and recommend solutions and various technologies including but not limited to: Infrastructure, Domain Services, Network, Firewall’s, VPN solutions, Backup and Recovery platforms, Cyber security, Cloud environments, Remote tools, etc. You will also be a key implementer of projects for these solutions.
· Oversee and administer client’s network servers and network infrastructure remotely and onsite as needed.
· Implementation and Migration of new services including P2P, P2V, V2V migrations, migrations to cloud services such as SharePoint and Azure and implementation of cyber security solutions.
· Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
· Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers and network infrastructure.
· Identify problems, troubleshoot, and implement resolutions to assist users.
· Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Servers and Workstations Operating Systems, Microsoft 365, Email, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams. Some support of Linux and Google Workspace as needed.
· Perform Disaster Recovery functions for supported end clients.
· Maintain overall network health, performance and security of client networks and systems
· Work with product and sales teams to interpret customer requirements, provide statements of work, and deliver solutions.
· Responds to inquiries and requests for assistance and escalation for the Level I and Level II Technicians.
· Monitor performance and maintain security of networks. Work with multiple hardware and software platforms.
· Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
· Assess network performance. Sets up and observes network systems and peripherals. Recommend and implement upgrades or improvements. Resolves network problems and offers technical assistance to users.
· Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
· Performs review audits of client’s current information systems. Evaluates operating practices to determine if controls and security measures are adequate. Assesses dependability and integrity of information systems and associated data.
· Manage and maintain our internal infrastructure and solutions.
· Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
· Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance with business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
· Perform Network and Security Audits
· Manage and maintain our local Datacenter with internal and client infrastructure
· Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE:
· PSA – ConnectWise Manage (Ticketing and Time Entry)
· RMM – Remote Monitoring and Management
· Firewall – Primarily SonicWALL firewall, NetExtender for SSL-VPN, but maintain and manage few other firewall models as needed
· Business Continuity Solutions – Datto Business Continuity, File Protection, SaaS Backup solutions
· Warranty and Asset Management
· CSAT and NPS rating systems for customer satisfaction
· Advanced Cyber Security Solutions
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA/2FA) over SSL-VPN, Remote Desktop, Privileged logins, Cloud solutions such as M365 and Google, etc.
- Security Awareness Training and Phishing Simulations
- Managed Detection and Response tools
- SIEM management and solutions
- Compliance tools for HIPAA, CMMC, NIST, etc.
- Proxy Web Filtering
- Application Control
- Network, Security, Risk and Vulnerability Assessments
- Phishing and Spam Filters
- SaaS Alert tools
- Endpoint Protection (AV, EDR, XDR)
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
Firm is looking for individuals with qualities that meet our Core Values and help with the mission and vision of the organization. These qualities include the ability to:
· Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
· See problems and proactively solve them
· Consult clients and make recommendations based on firm's recommended solutions and stack of services
· Provide a fast and efficient turnaround of customer requests
· Work in a team and communicate effectively
· Implement and service client needs within agreed service levels even if that means working after hours
· Continually learn, change, and adapt to the ongoing technology and security landscape
· Go over and above when needed to ensure client needs are met to their satisfaction
· Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
· Enter time and expenses in real time
· Understand processes of firm by completing assigned training materials
· Make and suggest improvements of firm's processes, solutions, and workflows
· Enter all work time is entered as service or project tickets
· Document solutions, SOP’s, and best practices to continually improve our knowledge base
· Review IT publications and online materials to remain up to date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
· Participate in on-call (after-hours) duties on rotation or as needed
· Be a dependable teammate and asset to the organization
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Bachelor’s degree or 7+ years’ experience in Managed Services
· Advanced Professional IT Certifications such as Microsoft Certifications (Azure, Windows Server, Hyper-V), CSSP, CISM, CISSP, CSSA, CompTia A+, Project+, Network+, CSSA, VCP, Ethical Hacking
· Project implementation experience as the lead of 5 or more of the following:
- Server migrations (P2P, P2V, V2V)
- Firewall migrations (Upgrade or Replace) with a full understanding of setup and management of firewall technology (WAN, LAN, Policies, Routing, etc.)
- Email Migrations
- File Migrations to Cloud services
- Active Directory/Domain Services
- Cyber Security Implementations such as MFA, new solutions roll-outs
- New Line of Business Applications
· Consultative abilities
· Advanced diagnosis and troubleshooting skills of technical issues
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
· Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
· Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
· Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment