Information Systems of Maryland is actively seeking qualified candidates to fill a Senior Systems Engineer position.
To learn more about our firm, go to https://www.is-md.com.
As an employee of our firm, this position will be responsible for many aspects of network administration including desktops, servers, storage, switches, routers, firewalls, and telephony systems. Additional responsibilities will include leading projects and ensuring that trouble tickets are addressed in a timely fashion.
This position reports to the Vice President of Operations and will interface with executive staff, all internal and remote employees, and including but not limited to external customer(s).
SKILLS, ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Windows Server 2019
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Functional and Advanced Knowledge of:
- Server Hardware/Equipment
- Storage systems such as: SAN, NAS
- Storage topologies such as: SATA, SAS, SCSI, SSD
- Storage configurations such as: RAID 1, 5, 6 & 10, JBOD
- Active Directory (Portions On-Prem & Azure)
- Office 365 (Exchange, Teams, SharePoint)
- Microsoft Azure and Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft InTune
- TCP/IP protocols: DHCP, DNS, LDAP, SSL, TLS, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, NFS, iSCSI, 802.11x
- Desktop & Workgroup Printing Environments
- Routers, Firewalls, Switches & Wireless LAN Controller(s)
- Voice over IP (VoIP) Technologies (3CX and MS Teams Enterprise Voice)
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of:
- Windows servers
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Remote access for users
- Administration of a 80 user network including firewalls
- Networked printers and photocopiers
- Current and relevant communications devices, protocols, and server/desktop technologies
- Supports software and applications (Office 2019, MS SQL Server, Windows IIS).
- Performs technology needs analysis & assists with equipment purchasing processes
- Assists to roll out new hardware and software
- Assists to plan, implement, and support the network and computing infrastructure plans
- Oversees projects according to budget and schedules
- Provides assistance with technology planning through ongoing research
- Ability to oversee multiple projects, activities, and tasks simultaneously
- Facilitation and change management skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communications
- Outgoing personality and friendly demeanor
- Integrity: The candidate must be honest and ethical at all times.
- Work Ethic: The candidate must be dependable, hardworking, and willing to go the extra mile.
- Team Player: The candidate must be collaborative and work well with others.
- Positive Attitude and Enthusiasm: The candidate must focus on the positive and not the negative. The candidate must also exude a “can do” attitude.
- Adaptability and Flexibility:The candidate will be someone who is not resistant to change and able to adapt to a new direction, often at a moment's notice.
- Effective Communication and Confidence: The candidate will be someone who is a good listener and who must clearly articulate their ideas verbally or via written form.
- Openness and Receptivity to Feedback:The candidate must be able to accept feedback, learn from it, and grow from the feedback, positive or negative.
- Creative Thinking: The candidate should be an individual who is intentional about innovating and “thinking outside the box”.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: The candidate must be able to see the link between different aspects of the organization and creatively find solutions to problems.
- Entrepreneurial Thinking: The candidate must have clarity on why we are in business, how we overcome challenges and capitalize on our experience and knowledge.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree; Candidate can supplement degree requirement with one or more industry recognized certifications, (i.e. Cisco, VMWare, Microsoft, or CompTia), plus 8 years of functional and verifiable work experience.
10 years and currently working as an senior engineer on a medium to large sized network of servers and desktop systems.
Commensurate with experience