Information Systems of Maryland is actively seeking qualified candidates to fill a Wireless Field Engineer position.
To learn more about our firm, go to https://www.is-md.com.
The Field Engineer will provide expertise in on-site construction, support, and maintenance of the Towerstream Wireless infrastructure. Field Engineer I will plan and manage various aspects of new site acquisitions and build. Consult with building engineers regarding new or ongoing projects. Field Engineer I will be able to exercise sound technical judgment and discipline in the execution of system changes and deployment plans.
This position reports to the General Manager and will interface with many types of personnel and customer(s).
SKILLS, ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install and maintain Wireless Backbone Infrastructure
- Tower climbing is a requirement for this job
- Plan and lead network projects within the assigned market to include:
- New POP build-out
- Identify system expansion and equipment upgrade requirements
- Identify physical requirements to support system capacity expansion
- Maintain liaison relations with building management/local contractors to ensure company can maintain all required services to its customers
- Implement new, and upgrade existing technology, or trouble-shoot to better optimize performance
- Provide support to and for other departments as needed
- Maintains a high level of professional expertise in Wireless Technologies
- Integrity: The candidate must be honest and ethical at all times.
- Work Ethic: The candidate must be dependable, hardworking, and willing to go the extra mile.
- Team Player: The candidate must be collaborative and work well with others.
- Positive Attitude and Enthusiasm: The candidate must focus on the positive and not the negative. The candidate must also exude a “can do” attitude.
- Adaptability and Flexibility:The candidate will be someone who is not resistant to change and able to adapt to a new direction, often at a moment's notice.
- Effective Communication and Confidence: The candidate will be someone who is a good listener and who must clearly articulate their ideas verbally or via written form.
- Openness and Receptivity to Feedback:The candidate must be able to accept feedback, learn from it, and grow from the feedback, positive or negative.
- Creative Thinking: The candidate should be an individual who is intentional about innovating and “thinking outside the box”.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: The candidate must be able to see the link between different aspects of the organization and creatively find solutions to problems.
- Entrepreneurial Thinking: The candidate must have clarity on why we are in business, how we overcome challenges and capitalize on our experience and knowledge.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree; Candidate can supplement degree requirement with 6 years of functional and verifiable work experience.
- College or Technical degree preferred, or equivalent hands-on work experience; 3-5 years relevant technical experience required.
- Current Tower Safety and Rescue Certification (ComTrain or Equivalent preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of data and wiring industry standards
- Working knowledge of RF industry standards
- Previous experience in Wireless/Cellular industry.
- Working knowledge of various Wireless vendor equipment
- Versed in PC usage and basic networking skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information in non-technical terms
- Some travel required
- Ability to work off hours
- Appropriate vehicle for this type of work required
Commensurate with experience