Information Systems of Maryland is actively seeking qualified candidates to fill a Wireless Support Technician position.
To learn more about our firm, go to https://www.is-md.com.
The wireless support technician will provide Tier 2 expertise in Network/WiFi troubleshooting and customer problem resolution. Will provide customer site repairs as needed, and will work with outside support/installation engineers.
This position reports to the General Manager and will interface with many types of personnel and customer(s).
SKILLS, ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Tier 2 support cases assigned by our Tier 1 support.
- Contact customers and acquire an understand of the customer’s problem.
- Analyze customers’ network site and upstream links to identify problems.
- Repair problems remotely or work with dispatch to schedule an on-site visit.
- Advise Tier 3 support of core network issues requiring attention.
- Provide on-site customer visits as needed.
- Integrity: The candidate must be honest and ethical at all times.
- Work Ethic: The candidate must be dependable, hardworking, and willing to go the extra mile.
- Team Player: The candidate must be collaborative and work well with others.
- Positive Attitude and Enthusiasm: The candidate must focus on the positive and not the negative. The candidate must also exude a “can do” attitude.
- Adaptability and Flexibility:The candidate will be someone who is not resistant to change and able to adapt to a new direction, often at a moment's notice.
- Effective Communication and Confidence: The candidate will be someone who is a good listener and who must clearly articulate their ideas verbally or via written form.
- Openness and Receptivity to Feedback:The candidate must be able to accept feedback, learn from it, and grow from the feedback, positive or negative.
- Creative Thinking: The candidate should be an individual who is intentional about innovating and “thinking outside the box”.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: The candidate must be able to see the link between different aspects of the organization and creatively find solutions to problems.
- Entrepreneurial Thinking: The candidate must have clarity on why we are in business, how we overcome challenges and capitalize on our experience and knowledge.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree; Candidate can supplement degree requirement with 6 years of functional and verifiable work experience.
- College or Technical degree, or equivalent hands on work experience, 3-5 years of relevant technical experience required in networking and wireless technology.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate with customers in a support role.
- Knowledge of Networking operations, monitoring, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Knowledge of network monitoring tools and usage. (Training will be provided on our specific tools)
- Working knowledge of wireless (WifI) CPE devices and their configuration. Such as wireless routers.
- Working knowledge of wireless (WiFi) network infrastructure equipment. Knowledge of Ubiquity equipment a PLUS!
- Working knowledge of wireless home devices. Such as: Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, wireless TV’s, etc.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours and on call rotations.
- Driver’s license and car to drive to customers’ sites.
Commensurate with experience